Blue Bonnets


The Wells-Tauzin house on the Cane River is awash in Blue Bonnets. The house was built in 1776, when Natchitoches was already a well established fort and village. Over the years the house served as a trading post, a warehouse, and finally in the 1960’s was restored using historically correct materials and techniques. The owner, Carol Wells, keeps the front yard in a natural state with as little manicuring as possible.